Sunday, January 25, 2009

Death, vote and life

From 2003 to 2008 around 20,700 people have died on mumbai railway tracks. This is about 10 a day. Lives like mine, which had dreams and hopes and whoosh!! Game over. Such fragile life. What does this mean if I say to myself I am gone. Why then care so much about it. Why this need to plan and plan and make others and ours life miserable. What is the use of it if some one can easily enter a place where I am chilling with my friends and start open firing an AK-47. If it is just as easy to loose then why bother thinking so far ahead. Isn’t life like a vote in a democracy? However great my reasoning is my decision is having a same power as a person who is selling his vote for a day’s meal. Some people may say that since life is so delicate that is why it needs to be cherished and protected and made a meaning of. I respect that. Question must not be what you got? Rather how you spend? Life isn’t fair. By the age of ten basic value system of a child is already built due to courtesy of primary social group. Does every parent have excellent parenting skills? Nope, some have horrible. Life is like a relay race where your parents handle you the life, yours life and whether we win the race or not is not the important question but the timing of your part matters.

1 comment:

  1. great thoughts mate!!
    it really is worth mulling over as to how jingoism and fanatism originating far away from me, geographically and intellectually, can be such a powerfl influence on my life.

    ReplyDelete